I've seen the dramatic transformation Bedford has undergone over the decades I've known it and know that we need be pro-active in shaping our future. The Planning Board is central to that in recommending zoning changes (which are accepted or rejected by Town Meeting) and reviewing and approving new development. As a member of the Planning Board my priorities will include:
- Expanding middle-income housing options,
- Making it easier and more appealing to walk and bike around town,
- Supporting policy and infrastructure which helps local businesses succeed,
- Promoting redevelopment of vacant and underutilized commercial properties, and
- Incorporating climate resiliency in new construction.
I am running for Planning Board because I am committed to sustaining our community and building a better future.